Quadbridge is one of the leaders in the technology solutions industry and Canada’s second fastest growing tech company.
Our Mission: We are committed to creating innovative solutions for all the software, hardware, and IT services that our clients need to operate their businesses.
Our Office: Our modern office is based in Montreal, across from the Canal Lachine, and is easily accessible by car and public transportation. We offer a work environment that encourages collaborative and cohesive teams in an open-spaced office.
Our Team: We are a team of dynamic and autonomous entrepreneurs, that are passionate about new technologies and helping our clients reach the full potential of their businesses by providing them with solutions tailored specifically for their needs. This team is our DNA and forms a family who share the same values and objectives.
Our Values: Empathy, Integrity and Resourcefulness
If you share our values and are curious to learn more about our environment, contact us or apply here today!
About the job:
Quadbridge is looking for a Senior IT Field Technician to join its team. This position will provide timely and responsive IT Support Services for small to medium sized business clients, from configuration/installation of desktops, applications and network infrastructure, to addressing all issues related to their proper functioning and maintenance. This position reports to the VP – IT Consulting and Services (Acting on Service Manager) and takes direction from the Client Services Manager.
- Staff Helpdesk for internal network and desktop support
- Be the internal IT for clients in handling their hardware, software, and network support
- Configure workstations, server hardware and network infrastructure
- Install, support and troubleshoot software for servers, networks and desktops
- Deploy systems designed by others in regards to installations/configurations of servers and load set-up, anti-virus software, backup systems etc.
- Manage, diagnose and troubleshoot, in a step by step approach to monitor, test and solve hardware, software and infrastructure problems, including Windows Server (2012-2019), Active directory, Network security, Office 365, permissions and policy, File servers, IIS, Exchange, VMware, Hardware, Cisco Meraki
- Anticipate networking and communications problems and implement preventive measures
- Assist other technicians, as requested by Dispatch, in the investigation of problems, identification of root cause, adjustments/corrections to solve technical issues. Assist with the creation of proactive solutions
- Provide on-site user training to clients as needed
- Provide on-call support after hours as needed
- Take the time to ask sufficient questions and listen to the client to fully understand the ramifications of what may be wrong and the impact of applying a solution on other parts of the system
- Support electronic equipment such as printers, copiers, faxes, laptops, etc.
- Develop effective working relationships with clients, understanding the nature of their business, work practices and liaising with staff at all levels of the company
- Identify problems and opportunities for businesses to improve their current IT processes by anticipating future requirements and making recommendations for latest technologies
- Handle new client accounts in a professional manner, providing up-to-date technical information and system diagnostics
- Conduct the pre-contract client assessment survey and make recommendations
- Manage the on-boarding of new Managed Services Clients
- Support and develop the three MS pillars of VIP: Visibility to the client at all levels, into client’s IT requirements and planning; Innovation in the solutions we provide, recommend, and implement; and Profit to the client through efficient use of IT resources, and to the company in the sale of their services
- Maintain both individual and company certifications as required
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent combination of studies and experience required
- Minimum of five years’ experience within small to medium sized business environments in a Technical Support Services role
- Experience with MS Server, MS Exchange, MS Office 365 installations, MS Outlook, Windows 10, exposure to MS SQL, MS Teams, and GP Dynamics
- 2-3 years managing Microsoft Enterprise Mobility – Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, Azure Information Protection, Microsoft Intune & Autopilot
- 2-3 years managing Microsoft Azure workloads
- Working knowledge of virtualization, Hyper-V, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- Demonstrated ability to:
- learn new technologies quickly and proficiently
- troubleshoot, investigate, and accurately problem solve complicated network related issues
- organize resources, establish priorities
- Install and maintain Active Directory
- Identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operational problems
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques
- Experience with VEEAM and Sophos is preferred
- MCSE, MCTS and/or MCITP
- A+ and/or Network+
- One other certification (ie ITIL v3/ITIL4 , PMI, Cisco etc)
- Versatile technical ability and well able to handle multiple demands and shifting priorities in a confident and collected manner
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with a commitment to deliver the highest quality service
- Strong diagnostic abilities and problem solving skills
- Bilingualism (English and French)
- Travel to local clients may be required
- Extended Health coverage after successful completion of probationary period (3 months), including dental and Dialogue tool
- Daily access to a free on-site private gym
- Subsidized, health-focused breakfasts and lunches provided daily by our professional chef
- Open-concept, modern office, calm environment
- Easily accessible office with parking, next to canal Lachine and its cycle path
- We encourage collaboration, continuous learning and personal and professional development for each of our employees
- We encourage autonomy and accountability
Quadbridge is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated equally. We make sure to respect the same equity with candidates during the full-cycle of recruitment.