Your data center is the heart of your organization. It’s where all your mission critical information is stored and processed. Use this data center design guide as you construct your new in-house data center.
Data center design standards can be complicated. Between ensuring your systems have the proper power and cooling abilities and meeting all key criteria for HIPAA compliance, there are dozens of elements to consider.
Here is a checklist of what you’ll need for data center planning and design.
The first part of the data center checklist is to gather all internal and external components:
Remember, not all hardware is created equal. Integration is key for such a complex system. It’s important to research components to ensure they meet your needs and work together to ensure smooth performance.
Setting up your data center is just as important as selecting the right components. The three-tier design is the most common type of architecture design. It’s called “three-tier” because it can be broken down into three layers:
There are other variations available, so what works for other businesses might not be ideal for you. Do your research and choose the architecture design that best fits your needs.
Even with the best hardware and architecture, your data center might not perform at its best. Use these data center design best practices to maximize your network efficiency:
Use these best practices to ensure your data center can hold up to your company’s needs.
There are dozens of considerations to design the perfect data center for your business’s needs. Between the components, architecture, and best practices, it’s always a good idea to work with an information technology expert.
Quadbridge is one of the fastest-growing IT companies in Canada. We’ve helped businesses identify and implement the perfect data center solutions since 2007.
Using our time-tested data center evaluation checklist, we can perform a data center audit to identify areas of improvement in your existing infrastructure.
Don’t waste time comparing data centers. To get the most reliable, cost-effective data center consulting services to fit your needs, contact the experts at Quadbridge today to get started.
✓ Managed IT
✓ Managed M365
✓ Managed Backup
✓ Professional Service
✓ Managed Endpoint
After supporting Waterloo Biofilter with an office move, they quickly switched fromtheir current Managed Services Provider to Quadbridge. We now manage their entireIT environment and support their end-to-end IT needs.
• Quadbridge worked with the client to implement our Elite IT service thatprovides ongoing IT monitoring and management, responsive help desk,proactive service, and vCIO consulting
• We’ve become a fully trusted partner and have proactively led a number ofinitiatives to improve performance and advance their IT, including thefollowing services:
• Managed Cloud Backup: we optimized their backup strategy with anaccessible, cost-efficient cloud-based backup solution that our teamcontinuously monitors and assists with restore requests.
• Infrastructure Architecture: we upgraded their server infrastructure toimprove redundancy and performance – especially for employees workingremotely.
• Ad Hoc Requests: as the clients’ IT support, our team uses our range ofexpertise and onsite support capabilities to deliver on a range of simple andcomplex IT projects. These have included upgrading their conference roomsystems and completing a functional and aesthetic clean up of their cabling
In this 1-hour Fireside chat, Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple Inc., spoke about the story behind Apple, the birth of the first Apple product, the future of technology and much more.
We have demystified the key concepts of data center networking.