Read time: 2 min
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is rapidly transforming various industries, and one significant area where its impact is being felt is security. With the increasing complexity and sophistication of cyber threats, organizations are leveraging AI technologies to enhance their security measures and stay ahead of malicious actors. AI is empowering businesses to detect, prevent, and respond to cyber threats more effectively.
When it comes to the impact of artificial intelligence (AI) on security, we first have to consider how security solutions provide security.
There are two general areas of focus within security – threat detection and response (EDR) and threat prevention. Below, we will explain the difference between them:
· EDR is the traditional security solution that involves reactive support against threats.
· Prevention centric solutions focus on proactively identifying and responding to potential threats.
An ideal security solution actually combines proactive prevention – to minimize risk – with reactive response – to minimize impact – but with a fair weighting towards prevention efforts.
Traditional security solutions have not involved prevention because it has historically been challenging and expensive – imagine trying to anticipate extremely specific events. However, with the power of AI, prevention is becoming a democratized solution.
There are two types of AI: (1) machine learning and (2) deep learning. At a simplified high level, machine learning relies on a human element to identify what the AI should learn, while deep learning AI is completely self-taught. Both are incredibly valuable, but which is better?
Deep learning is renowned by the industry as the most advanced subset of artificial intelligence. Why? With business security, code is always changing – very quickly. Humans can’t keep up with these changes to command machine learning, but the deep learning method of analyzing 100% of raw data enables it to be highly effective. Among all other solutions to combat cyber threats, deep learning is proven to be most effective, resulting in unmatched detection rates and near zero false positives.
While AI offers numerous benefits to IT security, it is not without its challenges. Ensuring the privacy and ethical use of AI in security applications is crucial. The responsible development and deployment of AI systems must consider potential biases, false positives/negatives, and the transparency of AI decisions.
In conclusion, AI is revolutionizing security by providing advanced threat detection and prevention capabilities, predictive analytics, user behaviour analysis, automated response, and enhanced phishing and malware detection. By harnessing the power of AI, organizations can enhance their security posture and effectively combat the ever-evolving landscape of cyber threats.
✓ Managed IT
✓ Managed M365
✓ Managed Backup
✓ Professional Service
✓ Managed Endpoint
After supporting Waterloo Biofilter with an office move, they quickly switched fromtheir current Managed Services Provider to Quadbridge. We now manage their entireIT environment and support their end-to-end IT needs.
• Quadbridge worked with the client to implement our Elite IT service thatprovides ongoing IT monitoring and management, responsive help desk,proactive service, and vCIO consulting
• We’ve become a fully trusted partner and have proactively led a number ofinitiatives to improve performance and advance their IT, including thefollowing services:
• Managed Cloud Backup: we optimized their backup strategy with anaccessible, cost-efficient cloud-based backup solution that our teamcontinuously monitors and assists with restore requests.
• Infrastructure Architecture: we upgraded their server infrastructure toimprove redundancy and performance – especially for employees workingremotely.
• Ad Hoc Requests: as the clients’ IT support, our team uses our range ofexpertise and onsite support capabilities to deliver on a range of simple andcomplex IT projects. These have included upgrading their conference roomsystems and completing a functional and aesthetic clean up of their cabling
As the world of work has changed, most especially over the last few years with the pandemic, IT has become more complex, making it harder for organizations to understand their options. The customers we work with here at Quadbridge have different goals, and Citrix DaaS has helped them achieve them all. Let’s take a closer look at what it has to offer.
During this webinar recording, guest Microsoft expert will be sharing everything you want to know about Microsoft 365 Copilot - including what it can do, when you can get it, how licensing will work, and more.