As remote workplaces gain popularity, so too does the use of cloud-based web applications. With so many applications moving to the cloud, it’s imperative for businesses dealing with multiple subscriptions to start thinking about cloud software license management.
Juggling various software licenses in the cloud can create needless busy work for in-house IT professionals and accounting teams, but it doesn’t have to. With the right software license management solutions in place, your team can save time and money and ensure you and your teams are getting the most out of your subscriptions.
Cloud-based software products are more prevalent than ever, with experts estimating that global spending on cloud application services (software as a service or SaaS) alone will reach over $171 million in 2022.
Still, for as much as companies spend on licenses for cloud environments, many of the licensed software features often go under-utilized. Case in point: around 56% of companies’ Microsoft 365 licences are under-utilized or fully inactive, signaling a major waste of funds for those license-holders.
Enter cloud software license management, like Quadbridge’s QBx Portal, which allows teams to view and manage their Microsoft 365 assets. Companies can easily achieve license optimization by using software management services sourced from a software vendor or IT services provider without draining their own time and resources.
It’s important to note that cloud-based software license management differs from server management software, which manages your entire server (hardware and software), like the vCenter server, which manages a company’s VMware vSphere environments.
Now, back to software license management solutions and an important question:
Cloud-based software license management solutions typically involve a portal where all your licenses are kept. One of the most significant benefits of such solutions is license inventory monitoring. Your license inventory will keep your team notified of the renewal date for each license agreement without having to spare a second thought about those dates themselves.
Cloud-based software renewals management becomes even more complex when you consider the different software licensing models that different software companies may offer. The most common cloud-based software license models include:
Beyond keeping your IT and accounting teams apprised of renewal dates, cloud-based software license management offers many other benefits, including:
If you’re already paying for a Microsoft 365 license or other licenses, you stand to benefit significantly from software license management solutions, which eliminate the inherent challenges of keeping track of cloud-based subscriptions and licenses and ensuring their security.
At Quadbridge, a single platform—the QBx Portal by Quadbridge—allows our clients to keep their Office 365 software assets up-to-date, monitored and used to their full potential.
Ready to take control of your software licenses and experience the difference that the QBx Portal can make for your team? Contact Quadbridge to schedule a free demo of our Microsoft 365 license management solution.
✓ Managed IT
✓ Managed M365
✓ Managed Backup
✓ Professional Service
✓ Managed Endpoint
After supporting Waterloo Biofilter with an office move, they quickly switched fromtheir current Managed Services Provider to Quadbridge. We now manage their entireIT environment and support their end-to-end IT needs.
• Quadbridge worked with the client to implement our Elite IT service thatprovides ongoing IT monitoring and management, responsive help desk,proactive service, and vCIO consulting
• We’ve become a fully trusted partner and have proactively led a number ofinitiatives to improve performance and advance their IT, including thefollowing services:
• Managed Cloud Backup: we optimized their backup strategy with anaccessible, cost-efficient cloud-based backup solution that our teamcontinuously monitors and assists with restore requests.
• Infrastructure Architecture: we upgraded their server infrastructure toimprove redundancy and performance – especially for employees workingremotely.
• Ad Hoc Requests: as the clients’ IT support, our team uses our range ofexpertise and onsite support capabilities to deliver on a range of simple andcomplex IT projects. These have included upgrading their conference roomsystems and completing a functional and aesthetic clean up of their cabling
Optimizing data center efficiency requires virtualizing compute and storage resources with hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI). And one of the first names in HCI is EMC VxRail from Dell Technologies.
In this article, we’re reviewing everything you need to know about Microsoft Copilot including what you should be doing now while waiting for its release.