Read time: 3 min
Written by Melanie Magier, Marketing manager at Quadbridge.
Let’s pause for a moment – imagine your job without email. Not without the ability to send emails, but without your contacts, your mailboxes, your conversation history, and your email attachments. On top of email, imagine loosing the rest of the Office suite data you rely on – your notes, spreadsheets, documents, presentations, etc. It’s almost impossible to overvalue the role that email and the Office suite data plays in your business and your employees day-to-day. But imagine if all of your data was suddenly gone…
You may be thinking “Doesn’t Microsoft take care of Office 365 backups I don’t have to worry about that?” It’s important to remember that SaaS platform providers, like Microsoft Office 365, take on the responsibility of application uptime and the underlying infrastructure. But it is the customer’s responsibility to manage and protect their vital business data.
It’s hard to not feel uncomfortable just reading the word: ransomware. If you haven’t heard of it or encountered it, you’re lucky. Ransomware is a type of malicious program that infects one or more of your devices and inhibits your ability to access your data. Once infected, the attacker who deployed the program demands a ransom to return your access to your data. Sadly, paying the ransom is usually the only possible course of action. Ransomware has tremendous effects on productivity (especially while your business has no access to its data), company reputation, and even your IT equipment – which can be rendered useless by the attacker. While the ideal solution would be to avoid ransomware attacks altogether, the reality is that these threats are constantly evolving and are becoming increasingly common. The bottom-line, every business should be prepared to overcome a ransomware attack. To avoid starting from square one, you need to have a reliable backup of your data.
If you have kids, you know it all too well. But even in the office, we need to be prepared for the “oops” moments. Between accidental deletions, file corruption, and sending sensitive information to the wrong recipients, mistakes happen. While Office 365 does provide tremendous help by backing up things like inbox folder data and deleted files, their backups have a short lifespan and will be lost forever if they aren’t noticed and addressed quickly. To protect against human fallibility, you need to have a reliable backup of your data.
Employees are human. While we’re susceptible to mistakes, we’re also capable of being very harmful. Malicious intent in employees can be unexpected and difficult to protect against because employees have inside access. Therefore, it’s important to be able to limit the possible damage of employee misdeeds. To combat unexpected infiltration, you need to have a reliable backup of your data.
The threats to your Office 365 are real, they are unavoidable, but they can be mitigated. Make sure you’re treating your Office365 data like the rest of your data, and that you’re treating all of your data as precious by having an effective backup solution.
For any or all of your IT needs, rely on our 30+ years as an integrator and end-to-end IT solutions provider. We have the expertise to tailor a solution to your needs and make sure nothing is overlooked.
✓ Managed IT
✓ Managed M365
✓ Managed Backup
✓ Professional Service
✓ Managed Endpoint
After supporting Waterloo Biofilter with an office move, they quickly switched fromtheir current Managed Services Provider to Quadbridge. We now manage their entireIT environment and support their end-to-end IT needs.
• Quadbridge worked with the client to implement our Elite IT service thatprovides ongoing IT monitoring and management, responsive help desk,proactive service, and vCIO consulting
• We’ve become a fully trusted partner and have proactively led a number ofinitiatives to improve performance and advance their IT, including thefollowing services:
• Managed Cloud Backup: we optimized their backup strategy with anaccessible, cost-efficient cloud-based backup solution that our teamcontinuously monitors and assists with restore requests.
• Infrastructure Architecture: we upgraded their server infrastructure toimprove redundancy and performance – especially for employees workingremotely.
• Ad Hoc Requests: as the clients’ IT support, our team uses our range ofexpertise and onsite support capabilities to deliver on a range of simple andcomplex IT projects. These have included upgrading their conference roomsystems and completing a functional and aesthetic clean up of their cabling
When Brydens Trinidad & Tobago needed guidance on securing their multiple IBM ienvironments, they trusted the experts at Quadbridge. Working in partnership, Quadbridge defined and drove their path to IBM i security.
We have demystified the key concepts of data center networking.