Read time: 2 min
Consumer expectations and labor shortages pose a challenge for frontline workers as they struggle to meet demands with significantly fewer resources and more pressure. While consumer-grade technologies may lower adoption rates for faster productivity, these devices ultimately inflate costs, damage productivity, and frustrate workers. Studies indicate that consumer devices are three times more likely to fail in the first year compared to rugged devices and could cost up to 50% more.
Lower costs can boost the value of rugged devices, especially in challenging environments. Additionally, studies show that every device failure can result in up to 260 minutes (about 4 ½ hours) of lost mobile worker productivity and increase the internal support required. Therefore, the cost of just one or two instances of device failure easily shows how beneficial a rugged device can be, despite higher up front costs. Enterprise technology helps alleviate these concerns and other challenges such as:
As businesses gear up for the Holiday shipping rush, automation experts recommend assessing deployed technologies to verify they are truly enterprise-ready with:
Enterprise devices aren’t just something that can improve the frontline; they are a necessity. Contact us today to see technology solutions that help your technicians and employees create seamless workflows.
✓ Managed IT
✓ Managed M365
✓ Managed Backup
✓ Professional Service
✓ Managed Endpoint
After supporting Waterloo Biofilter with an office move, they quickly switched fromtheir current Managed Services Provider to Quadbridge. We now manage their entireIT environment and support their end-to-end IT needs.
• Quadbridge worked with the client to implement our Elite IT service thatprovides ongoing IT monitoring and management, responsive help desk,proactive service, and vCIO consulting
• We’ve become a fully trusted partner and have proactively led a number ofinitiatives to improve performance and advance their IT, including thefollowing services:
• Managed Cloud Backup: we optimized their backup strategy with anaccessible, cost-efficient cloud-based backup solution that our teamcontinuously monitors and assists with restore requests.
• Infrastructure Architecture: we upgraded their server infrastructure toimprove redundancy and performance – especially for employees workingremotely.
• Ad Hoc Requests: as the clients’ IT support, our team uses our range ofexpertise and onsite support capabilities to deliver on a range of simple andcomplex IT projects. These have included upgrading their conference roomsystems and completing a functional and aesthetic clean up of their cabling
In this 30-minute workshop by Eric Chong, you will learn more about Intel's vPro while diving into real-life examples.
In this 30-minute keynote session, Pamela Pelletier speaks about the social impact of Dell Technologies. You will learn about their advanced solutions for sustainability, the way they are transforming lives with technology, and their inclusive culture.
As the work-from-home movement continues to grow in popularity, more and more businesses are turning to remote device management software to help them manage and monitor their connected devices. But what is remote device management software? And how can it help your business? In this article, we'll answer those questions and take a look at the practice of remote device management.