Read time: 2 min
Written by Melanie Magier, Marketing manager at Quadbridge.
We hear this all the time – unfortunately, that’s simply not true. Here are the most common misconceptions surrounding this topic:
This article is going to focus in on misconception #3. Before diving in, I’d like to start by saying that if you believed misconception #3 before reading this article, don’t feel naïve. M365 backup is confusing – confusing because yes, M365 does have backup, but no, their limited backup will not meet your business needs.
The most simple way to look at this is: Microsoft takes responsibility for backing-up what they need to to be able to provide their service. This leaves their clients responsible for backing up what they do using their service. In other words, Microsoft is responsible for the infrastructure – uptime, regulatory attestations at the infrastructure level, etc. You are responsible for your data – making copies of the data, managing control and regulatory processes for your data , etc.
Examples of the gap:
If your business does not have an additional M365 backup solution, you are at risk from:
The best approach is to simply treat M365 like you would treat the data if it were stored onsite. Start by deciding your data protection policy for your business as a whole. Then implement your policy across the board including for your M365 environment – which will more than likely involve additional backup that is incremental to your M365 subscription.
As an end-to-end IT solutions provider, Quadbridge can help with M365 backup and with holistic backup solutions for on site and cloud storage. Contact us for more information or for free consultation on the best backup solutions for your business.
✓ Managed IT
✓ Managed M365
✓ Managed Backup
✓ Professional Service
✓ Managed Endpoint
After supporting Waterloo Biofilter with an office move, they quickly switched fromtheir current Managed Services Provider to Quadbridge. We now manage their entireIT environment and support their end-to-end IT needs.
• Quadbridge worked with the client to implement our Elite IT service thatprovides ongoing IT monitoring and management, responsive help desk,proactive service, and vCIO consulting
• We’ve become a fully trusted partner and have proactively led a number ofinitiatives to improve performance and advance their IT, including thefollowing services:
• Managed Cloud Backup: we optimized their backup strategy with anaccessible, cost-efficient cloud-based backup solution that our teamcontinuously monitors and assists with restore requests.
• Infrastructure Architecture: we upgraded their server infrastructure toimprove redundancy and performance – especially for employees workingremotely.
• Ad Hoc Requests: as the clients’ IT support, our team uses our range ofexpertise and onsite support capabilities to deliver on a range of simple andcomplex IT projects. These have included upgrading their conference roomsystems and completing a functional and aesthetic clean up of their cabling
Set up a free, no-obligation consultation with a Quadbridge expert.BOOK NOW1 800-501-61721 email@example.com@dtm.ca
This guest blog by IDC highlights their outlook for the post-pandemic future, including trends in technology and the "as-a-service" model.
The objective of implementing a native IBM i MFA solution is to add additional layers of security to your environment beyond the standard network login MFA. It is not only best practice to utilize a layered approach to implementing your IT security infrastructure, but it will help you qualify for, and reduce the cost of, your next cyber insurance policy.